It was a long time since I last wrote a blog post; however, if you may have noticed I was continuously updating my twitter feed with the latest technology news and hits especially in the Linux world –Hint: you might use that feed to catch-up with the stuff!
I was and still into many projects –Simultaneously- and that really affected my time allotted into geeking around in my small lab.
First off, let me tell you about one big thing: RHEL 5.4 is out! .
What does that represent? well, to me it’s a big change for people planning to have the RHCE credentials by Year End and also for people planning to start focusing on a virtualization technology to learn.
Read on the following article to know what I mean; In a nutshell, Redhat had showed interest to phase-out Xen -it’s default virtualization platform and replace it by KVM; heck, now KVM is the default Virtualization solution in RHEL 5.4 .
Now, I’m thankful that I didn’t invest much time into learning Xen, also, I’ll hold back to see the new virtualization material from Redhat; it’s a strategic time to start delving into KVM and investing time in learning its internals.
