
After months of thinking and intimidating (Just like I used to do back when I moved from Palm OS to Windows Mobile, The Dark Side at the time)); I have finally made the move to the current one, that is iPhone.
Yesterday, I had to meet two of my friends, one with HTC HD 2 and the other is with iPhone 3 GS with a Version 4 ROM. I happened to have my HTC Touch Diamond 2, and we ran the following test: locating something on the map, and going to it with scarce resources in terms of Wi-Fi hot spots, GPRS … etc .
There’s an amazing sense of serendipity when you realize that you can skip sourcing the web because you already have what you’re looking for. And this is what you feel when you have the improved feature of caching Google maps offline .
It’s only then when I quite realized that: “ Whatever exists on other platforms it's still not on par with what's available for the iPhone”.
Aside from pricing, which is currently good and reasonable comparing with a couple of months back, I’m really impressed of the following:
iPhone is a force to be reckoned with in the enterprise, I finally can join the WPA enterprise network at work, and could browse Outlook web Access! this is quite handy, and was not available for me on other platforms .
Exchange is there and other features as well. Arabic support is excellent, and these are the features I care about the most on any mobile platform.
Being an old Palm OS timer, having a wealth of apps is an essential feature, and currently iPhone is unparalleled .
I know that Developers are flocking to Android in their droves, and that my next device may be an Android one, especially that I’m a Linux Geek, but by and large, I'm sure that iPhone is currently the best fit for my needs.
The only thing that I feel challenging, and I know there is a workaround for, is the Adobe Flash thing that is just inviting the wrath of everybody.
I just scratched the surface of the platform, that is I can’t give a sound concrete opinion about it, however I'm currently poking around with the tools; they're very easy to use. And I will try to writ another post after a couple of months In Sha Allah to see where I get on with the platform .
